cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PTC Forum: avatars, pictures, & email

Ninetrees
1-Newbie

PTC Forum: avatars, pictures, & email

1. The target sizes of avatars and pictures should be psoted in forum Help.

2. I see there is a bunch of avatar images and an opportunity to add a few more...are the added ones private, or do they contribute tot he whole bunch...i.e., are uploaded avatars available to everyone?

3. I have sent 2 private messages, and both times the process began with an enail dialog with the recipient name in the To field. But when I tried to send the message, I got an error both times saying that the email needed a recipient.

4. (follows #3) Clicking the link to find a recipient to send the email to, I was further hampered: I looked under the letter of the last name, thinking that folks are listed by last names, but no joy. (Aaron Johnson comes before Ali Jaffery, and I didn't cotton to the idea of looking through 800+ pages of names) I looked under first names: ditto. I looked it up by email address (all), but of course I didn't know the email address, so that went nowhere. ...... AND isn't strange that in a forum where emails are supposed to be private, I can find a list of everyone's email address? All I have to do is have the patience to read 8000+ pages of addresses...

~R~

16 REPLIES 16

3. I have sent 2 private messages, and both times the process began with an enail dialog with the recipient name in the To field. But when I tried to send the message, I got an error both times saying that the email needed a recipient.

4. (follows #3) Clicking the link to find a recipient to send the email to, I was further hampered: I looked under the letter of the last name, thinking that folks are listed by last names, but no joy. (Aaron Johnson comes before Ali Jaffery, and I didn't cotton to the idea of looking through 800+ pages of names) I looked under first names: ditto. I looked it up by email address (all), but of course I didn't know the email address, so that went nowhere. ...... AND isn't strange that in a forum where emails are supposed to be private, I can find a list of everyone's email address? All I have to do is have the patience to read 8000+ pages of addresses...

~R~

Rich,

Don't feel bad! I was notified that I had a private note, when I clicked the link in the email notification I was brought to the head login page. Never did find my private note.

When they say private they mean private! You can't send them, I can't find them! That's private!!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:f.kohlhepp)

Click on your name at the top of the screen to take you to your home page. There is a tab for private messages.

If you're logged in, this should take you to the PM page:

http://communities.ptc.com/pm.jspa

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:f.kohlhepp)

Don't feel bad! I was notified that I had a private note, when I clicked the link in the email notification I was brought to the head login page. Never did find my private note.

Need to be logged in for the link to work.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Ninetrees)

I add recipients by searching their full name, for example "Rich Messeder". If I don't know the full name then I also don't know any realistic way of finding them. It is completely illogical that clicking on a letter takes you to everyone with a last name starting with that letter, but then the list is sorted by first name!

How did you get to that list of email addresses?

IIRC, I selected All.

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I still can't figure out how to get there

I sent you an email w the steps...lemme no if'n it werks...

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I haven't received any email.

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-1286-7413/confused.gif

He probably sent a private message, which you need to access from your profile page

TTFN

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:IRstuff)

If I get a private message then I get an email informing me of that. To be on the safe side though, I just checked, and I don't have a private message from Rich.

I just logged in and checked my email: I have sent messages in my sent box, 2 to Eden and 2 to Richard. Don't know where they went. Time for PTC to chime in and give us a hint.

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

If you search for Richard Jackson you will find two of me, one with an avatar and one without.:

Me.gif

Maybe you sent it to my alter ego? I don't even know how to log in to that profile, so I can't check.

Ahh, I didn't know...but that doesn't explain why the one to Eden didn't go through, either...and how am I to tell to which "Richard Jackson" I am sending email??? Sigh. Lotta bugs in this system...esp for one that took so long to deliver...

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

OK, now I see what you mean. You can't see everyone's email address, but you can see quite a few. And almost all of them have "(Hidden)" in the email address column! A lot of good that does when your email address is being used as your name!

A response for #2

The avatars you upload to your profile are your own. They are indeed private for your use only.

Thank you,
The Planet PTC Community Team

~R~

Top Tags