cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PTC MathCAD not providing a matrix when trignometric function present

ptc-6754545
1-Newbie

PTC MathCAD not providing a matrix when trignometric function present

Hello,

I'm relatively new to PTC MathCAD, and i haven't found a lot of resources on line - so admittedly I’m struggling a little bit.

Below is an example of an issue I’m having with the software not returning a matrix. When I solve for σc, the answer is returned as a matrix. When I solve

for σ, it give me a single value. Based on my observations, it appears the software is choking when it encounters the “sec” function.

Both share the same matrix “a” values.

I’m wondering if anyone has any solutions for this… of if you can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Matcad+issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When Mathcad multiplies two vectors together (which it does in both Kl and sigma) it produces a scalar. To prevent this, to get element by element multiplication, use the vectorization operator (The Operators menu, the V with an arrow over it in the Vector and Matrix section). Do this to both Kl and sigma.

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When Mathcad multiplies two vectors together (which it does in both Kl and sigma) it produces a scalar. To prevent this, to get element by element multiplication, use the vectorization operator (The Operators menu, the V with an arrow over it in the Vector and Matrix section). Do this to both Kl and sigma.

Alan

Thanks for your help.

I ended up having to apply the vectorization to the entire denominator.Answer.jpg

Top Tags