cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PTC Mathcad "The license you have requested contains an error."

Reverc
2-Guest

PTC Mathcad "The license you have requested contains an error."

Hello everyone,

I am getting the following error when trying to run Mathcad with my .dat license. I have tried running the wizard and selecting the .dat I originally had. I also tried the .txt file that I got emailed to me when i "retrieved my license" on the PTC website. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I am not very familiar with this program so I apologize if this seems simple.

Thanks,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Reverc)

Most probably you have a laptop with a wireless and a wired Internet connection, and you've switched connection mode between requesting the license and (now) trying to activate it.
If you open a DOS box ("command window") and type
Ipconfig
It will tell you which internet modes you have and the MAC addresses (6 sets of two symbols) that belong to each. Compare those to the MAC address in the error message and you'll know which Internet connection mode to use for activating the license.

Success!
Luc

Hi,

1.] check network card list

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager > Network adapters

(see picture taken on my PC)

nc.png

2.] open Command propmt window and run ipconfig /all > ip.txt command

3.] open ip.txt file and check if network card list match with Computer Management dialog box.

a.] all network card must be enabled

b.] all network card must be connected to network

Note: Disabled and unconnected cards are not visible for MathCAD.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags