cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Page break formatting issues

lamb
5-Regular Member

Page break formatting issues

I have a lot of difficulties formatting documents in Mathcad Prime 6.0 in relation to hard page breaks, and I wondered if anone else had similar problems and/or solutions.

I find that when I have page breaks in a document that regions can cross over hard page breaks. This can happen when you are editing in the document below where the page break is inserted. If you start at the top of a document and work through it, inserting page breaks and re-arranging regions as you go to get a well-structured document, when you go back to the top, you fing that everything is rearranged. Regions that were below the hard page breaks are now above, and there are large blank areas, or even pages. It also happens that the rearrangement can happen between a close and open. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
lamb
5-Regular Member
(To:lamb)

I thought I would get rid of the hard page breaks and live with having to move things around manually, but I still have this problem. After starting at the top and going down page by page to arrange regions in a readable way, I went back up, and all the pages were reformatted, with regions overlapping that had not been previously.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

I'd noticed similar behaviour re the Page Break in Prime. I'm not convinced that Prime 6.0 actually puts a hard page-break character into the worksheet.  I think it merely adds a page full of spaces. 

If I add a page break, select the 'break' and press Delete, nothing happens.  However, if I place a text/math region well below the page break and then Remove Empty Space above the page break, Prime removes all space up to that region, and Prime includes the 'page break' within its definition of 'space'.   This is not at all what I'd expect - I'd expect spaces to be removed up to, but not including, the page break.

Stuart

lamb
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

You do see a hard page break marker at the bottom of the page (thick dashed line) in Page View, but not in Draft View. You can delete it by putting the cursor at the top of the page after it and using Backspace. Confusingly, to delete it from above, you need to put the cursor on the second last line and press Delete.

For some reason. MC Prime is confused about the last line on a page in Page View. You cannot place the cursor there, but you can put it at the top of the line on the next page, but typing there puts characters on the previous page.

I have a ticket in to PTC, but so far no resolution.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Yes, it's all a bit confusing.
Top Tags