cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Parametric Plotting Problem

MarkMcMullan
1-Newbie

Parametric Plotting Problem

Hi,

I am a Mathcad beginner, and would like to plot a function against one of the 4 variables it depends on. (I have attached my calc file, the plot I would like is on page 19.) I am able to get a point on the plot, but not a line. I can add another trace, and enter the variable value manually, but this only gives a second point. I know this must be very simple, but I just can't figure it out. I have tried to change Dp to a range (i:1,1.5..4) but with no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I now have Mathcad Prime avaiable, see attached. Works with a range variable.

Mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:MarkMcMullan)

Firstly I will have to apologise because I currently do not have access to Prime.

I am a Mathcad beginner, and would like to plot a function against one of the 4 variables it depends on.

If I'm getting you right, you want to plot hg against V.ru, t.g, D.p and delta.h, is this correct?

If so, these will need to be ranges. Can you save the file down to M15 format?

Mike

Hi Mike, I want Dp on the x-axis, and hg(Vru,tg,Dp,delta_h) on the y-axis, with Dp varying from 2-4m. I don't seem to have the ability to save in any other formats than xmcd or xps i'm afraid. I have attached a pdf if that is any use.

Thanks

Mark

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have attached a pdf if that is any use.

Not really.

I don't seem to have the ability to save in any other formats than xmcd or xps i'm afraid.

Do you mean mcdx?

You can try the following steps and see if you can get it to work. The function below and attached can be used to create a range vector instead of a range variable. Try defining D.p with the function and then use the vectorize built in function over hg, that should work.

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Armstrong

I now have Mathcad Prime avaiable, see attached. Works with a range variable.

Mike

You must be entering the range variable incorrectly. See the attached.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

You snuck that one in there while I wasn't looking

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

On another note. Why are you making most of your variables functions of other variables. IMO your worksheet becomes very complicated later on.

Mike

I agree, it's horrendous! At this early stage I have them all in, but I hope to settle on some figures and remove them later on. Thanks for all the help - no doubt it won't be long until my next question - i'd be lost without it!

Mark

Top Tags