cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Parametric design in inventor 2016 using PTC Mathcad Prime v3.1

elund
5-Regular Member

Parametric design in inventor 2016 using PTC Mathcad Prime v3.1

Hi, is there any way I can use PTC Mathcad Prime for parametric design in Inventor?  I use Win 7, inventor v2017, mathcad prime v3.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:elund)

Just found on this page Mathcad Downloads that there are downloads for Mathcad 15 to integrate with AutoCad as well as Inventor.

Do not expect them to work with any version of Prime.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hi Espen,

In short: maybe.

Longer:

Mathcad Prime is owned and developed by PTC, and apparently they intend it to be used with their own mechanical CAD software (Creo etc). They provide with Prime an API for integration with (other) software, but the Software Development Kit that explains (or, at least should) how to use the API costs a few thousand dollars.

There used to be an AutoCad add-in for Mathcad (not Prime), available via the download section. I know there's one that goes with Mathcad 11, but never actually used it. It may work with with Mathcad 15, and it may work with Inventor.

Note that Mathcad 15 is still more powerful in many respects w.r.t. any version of Prime, and you get it for free when you buy Prime.

Success!
Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Currently, this integration is not available. There is only integration of Mathcad Prime 3.1 with Creo Parametric and SolidWorks.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Just found on this page Mathcad Downloads that there are downloads for Mathcad 15 to integrate with AutoCad as well as Inventor.

Do not expect them to work with any version of Prime.

Success!
Luc

elund
5-Regular Member

Thank you all for your answers. I was expecting as much, but still hoped.

Brgds, espen

Top Tags