cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pdesolve help

ptc-5198484
1-Newbie

Pdesolve help

Hello-

I am trying to use pdesolve to solve the unsteady heat conduction equation for a 1D plate that has heat generation and a convective boundary condition. I have the following sheet, but it keeps saying "variable is undefined". I have never used pdesolve before, but I think I am doing it right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are doing right. One of the BCs creates the problem. I think you missed (probably a copy/paste error) to specify what is the difference in temperature at the end of the plate.

You used: Tair - T(z,t), but it should be Tair - T(zhalf,t). The solution obtained looks like in the picture. Please find the sheet attached.

Is this the solution you are looking for?

Transient+temperature+profile.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you are doing right. One of the BCs creates the problem. I think you missed (probably a copy/paste error) to specify what is the difference in temperature at the end of the plate.

You used: Tair - T(z,t), but it should be Tair - T(zhalf,t). The solution obtained looks like in the picture. Please find the sheet attached.

Is this the solution you are looking for?

Transient+temperature+profile.PNG

awesome! Thank you!

Top Tags