cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Percentage in subscript

nchater
1-Newbie

Percentage in subscript

I am currently working with Mathcad Prime 3.1 and I need to write the percentage % in a subscript of a variable but it doesn't work.

I want to write the sign % after 0.5.

Many Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Nadia

5 REPLIES 5
Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:nchater)

Hello Nadia,

I've tried several methods in MC Prime 3.1 but it didn't work. Seems to be one of the features which need to do some catch-up to Mathcad 15.

If feasible, use Mathcad 15 as it works there like a charm.

Raiko

AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:Raiko)

I don't know how you can type it in Prime, but converting from MC15 will give the result I think you want.

I have Prime 2 , I expect (oh yes expect...) it should be the same for P3 & P3.1

regards

Andy

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:nchater)

I can get you an "Arabic percent sign" (٪) in the non-subscript part of the variable by copying from the character map:

However, Prime only allows you to paste into an empty placeholder, so you can't paste it into the subscript portion of a variable.  Furthermore, Prime doesn't seem to allow you to subscript character after typing them.

If you want to use subscript, my suggestion would be to type the word "percent" or an abbreviation (e.g. "pct").

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:MJG)

There's also this "per mile sign" (‰) that you can get by holding Alt and typing 0137 on the num-pad.  It looks somewhat like a percent sign.  Since you can type it with keystrokes, you can place it in a subscript:

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:MJG)

I can get you lots of other symbols, too, but they probably aren't helpful:

Top Tags