cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Piecewise Functions (Prime 1.0)

RMXByker
1-Newbie

Piecewise Functions (Prime 1.0)

Just trying to input a Piecewise function in Prime and about ready to chuck my laptop out the window...

Below is the fuction that I'm trying to input into MathCAD and then plot for the range of values between 0 and Wc. Can anyone assist me on this? Once I see it once I believe I will have a better understanding of the PLOT function and the use of it specifically with Piecewise functions.

Piecewise_Fuction.jpg

Whats incredibly frustrating is when I can easily do things by hand that end up being a ton of frustration while I learn this software. Much like yesterdays debacle of learning the summation function...haha.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:RMXByker)

If there's only two possibilities the best way to do it would be the "if" function. With more possibilities the best option is a program. Note the use of the "return" statement to exit the program if the condition is met, and the use of "else" to trap other cases.

Richard Jackson wrote:

If there's only two possibilities the best way to do it would be the "if" function. With more possibilities the best option is a program. Note the use of the "return" statement to exit the program if the condition is met, and the use of "else" to trap other cases.

I think the second operator must (better) be else if (new in Mathcad Prime) operator not if one. The second if is valid with the return operator but not without one.

One real typical piecewise function - a function of tax calculation - see

http://communities.ptc.com/message/162266#162266

I think the second operator must (better) be else if (new in Mathcad Prime) operator not if one.

Yes, you are right. I forgot about the new "else if", even though I was one of the people that requested it

Top Tags