Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Thrust Forces

Re: Pipe Thrust Forces

I posted THRUST3 earlier today. Do I need to set up a counter to extract the scalar value of the angle? Seem illogical but I am confused.

Mike, I did not understand your response above with "you could add this condition to F.sx and F.sy for simplicity"

Please attach file or sample.

Thanks

Ok. I have just looked at your sheet and a littkle confused.

You have 4 values for beta which are assessed. F.sx is dependant on beta, but both p and A are single column vectors, so when you have the condition 'if beta = 0' return p*a - are you trying to return the corresponding value of p*A?

ELSID wrote:

Mike, there was no attachement or function. I am having an issue with the B=0 as my loop is still calculation 0 instead of 80 KIP. See F.sx in the attached

That's becuase I didn't attached or post any

Have a look at the attached sheet. I have guessed what you want so please correct me if I am wide of the mark.

That is SO funny. I my revised sheet from last night does the same thing. That was the reason I was asking about setting up the counter in the post above!

I will continue with my calculation and post when done. Glad to know I was on the right track as I have not touched the vector maths in a long time ... just wish the programing was a little easier for a checker.

Updated file. Now I am trying to generate a resultant matrix with the Label, Data, and forces ALL in one dump.

Trying to fill in a new matrix with existing vectors/matrices. Trying to make it look like an excel dump so that others, not using MathCAD can understand the datapoints.

ELSID wrote:

Updated file. Now I am trying to generate a resultant matrix with the Label, Data, and forces ALL in one dump.

Trying to fill in a new matrix with existing vectors/matrices. Trying to make it look like an excel dump so that others, not using MathCAD can understand the datapoints.

Is this a question?

Does the follwing help?

1.png

Werrner, That is what I was looking for. What did I miss? Dumb stack and Augment commands that I am still confused with! Is there different documentation on these commands as the Help file is useless? Thanks

ELSID wrote:

That is SO funny. I my revised sheet from last night does the same thing. That was the reason I was asking about setting up the counter in the post above!

I will continue with my calculation and post when done. Glad to know I was on the right track as I have not touched the vector maths in a long time ... just wish the programing was a little easier for a checker.

The programming is a little difficult to follow and I tend to try and limit it when producing official documents.

These are very basic commands and only require basic documentation.

augment(A, B, C, ...) Returns an array formed by placing A, B, C, ... left to right.

stack(A , B, C, ...) Returns an array formed by placing A, B, C, ... top to bottom.

Play around with them and you will see.

ELSID wrote:

There is no need to vectorize within your programs and you are now using a For Loop and calling out the scalars using the integer defined by the loop.

Announcements