Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Thrust Forces

Re: Pipe Thrust Forces

I always screw these commands up. I was tinkering with them when Werner responded. Is there a reversal of these commands?

Essentially, my "Data" matrix will include a 'header' row. I did not do this as it would screw up the matrix column command.

Grab Werners matrix and parse out only the matrix from row 1 (J1) down. submatrix?

Answered my own question

Message was edited by: El Sid

Thank you Werner and Mike. Attached is my final sheet. If you see anything goofy, please let me know.

I tend to agree with Mike concerning stack and augment being basic commands and the help info should suffice. As with most things in life you only get proficient by playing around with and making your own experiments and experience.

Here in short at first "Data" and "Thrust" are glued together side by side and this is what augment() is used for.

Then "Label" and the result of augment are glued together one on top of the other and thats done using stack().

Obviously when you glue side by side the row numbers must match, when you glue one on top of the other the columns numbers must match.

Yes, submatrix s a very useful function. Unfortunately tables within Mathcad are not very user friendly and have to be dealt with carefully.

This is one of the few aspects of Prime which has actually been improved over M15.

ELSID wrote:

I always screw these commands up. I was tinkering with them when Werner responded. Is there a reversal of these commands?

You mean a command which will get rid of some rows or columns?

Yes, and there is more than one way to do it.

You found submatrix() yourself.

To get rid of specific rows you can also use the trim() function. There is no corresponding function for columns, so you will have to transpose the matrix, trim and transpose the resul again.

Announcements