cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pivotisation of a matrix - I try to change an existing file that works with another scheme

tubar
12-Amethyst

Pivotisation of a matrix - I try to change an existing file that works with another scheme

Hello,

I have a Mathcad file that do the pivotisation of a matrix but I dont like it because is too indirect and obscure.

I want to implement another scheme that is more explicit and easily understanding but does not works by now. I attached my working file that also contains the scheme that i try to implement.

tubar_0-1591457022151.png

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tubar)

In your Piv(Aug)  function, you let i run through all rows (from 1 to n), then you start k at i+1. That is bound to fail when i=n, because then k=n+1, which is out of range.

Potential remedy:  in the first FOR statement, change:

"for i e 1..n"  =>  "for i e 1..n-1"

Success!
Luc

tubar
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

I found the solution. Thks!

I attached the file.

Hi,

Is this  where you are ultimately heading.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Thank you,

It is also useful that function, but I am interested on Mathcad programming technics so that to use minimally the direct prefabricated functions.

Top Tags