cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Planet Community Internet Speed

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Planet Community Internet Speed

As we all seem to complain about this site, me included. I thought I would create a discussion relating to the speed of this site.

For the past week now the site has seemed much more responsive, error free and generally better to navigate through. I am still using a very slow Internet connection at work, but the site has defiantly changed for the better, well for me at least.

Has anybody else noticed a change?

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

I haven't noticed any changes, but then I never seemed to have the problems in the first place.

This is good? I'm a newbie to this site (although I have used Mathcad for many years - it's my "goto" analysis tool) and I find this site is significantly slower than almost any other site I visit. It's not my connection since other sites work just fine.

As for functionality I find that the login/logout function is strange. l log out of the site but when I go back the site thinks I'm still logged on.

I find it rather strange that a company whose primary product is software would have a website that is as slow as this one.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dabber)

I find this site is significantly slower than almost any other site I visit.

Well, I wouldn't say it's lightnig fast, but for me it's not that slow either. I also have never had the "bad login" problems that other have reported, and only rarely get errors when posting. If I log out it thinks I'm logged out.

Perhaps if we try to find a pattern:

For me:

Browser: Firefox

Language for these forums: English

Forum URL: http://communities.ptc.com/index.jspa

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Browser: Work - Explorer (where most of the problems occur) / home (Firefox)

Language for these forums: English

Forum URL: http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:dabber)

This is good? I'm a newbie to this site (although I have used Mathcad for many years - it's my "goto" analysis tool) and I find this site is significantly slower than almost any other site I visit. It's not my connection since other sites work just fine.

You are right, this site is significantly slower than most (every) other sites I visit, but having said that I have noticed increase in speed lately.

As for functionality I find that the login/logout function is strange. l log out of the site but when I go back the site thinks I'm still logged on.

I have had a few issue's with this site but it always logs me out, even if I close my browser without hitting the "logout" button.

I find it rather strange that a company whose primary product is software would have a website that is as slow as this one.

Due to this site being relatively new lets hope it just teething problems.

Mike

Top Tags