cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Please help me - Fuzzy problem

ptc-5476559
1-Newbie

Please help me - Fuzzy problem

Hi there...

I have a problem... A big one for me .. In 6days i need to finnish a project for school in Mathcad but i get some errors.

First of all, i'm a begginer in Mathcad, so my knowledge in this program is poor..

Second, let me tell you what i have to do and my problem..

The project is simple: i just need to put the algorithm for stability of Takagi–Sugeno in Mathcad based on an example using fuzzy logic controller...

I have a given example and i managed to make like 60-70% of the problem.. but i get stuck when i need to enter the data from the project and show a X-Y plot...

Below is:

- the given example+algorithm for the example;

- the algorithm i need to put it in Mathcad and what i've done so far+the algorithm...

Please, can somebody help me?

P.S. Sorry for my english

6 REPLIES 6

First error (marked in red) is in the equation for u(x,y)

Capture.PNG

variables m, M , g & l need to be defined before it, or added as parameters.

All of them are defined in the solve block , but they don't appear to need to be there.

This shows the next issue - the Odesolve statement.

Capture.PNG

This error is not very helpful but the problem here is probably that you have used a reference to u ,I think that it should be u.t(x(t),y(t)) .

All I can do is help to get the sheet working, if it isn't quite right , hopefully you can make the necessary corrections.

Unfortunately the u.t function isn't used in the starting example.

This now just needs the value of T (ending time) to be defined, before the given statement.

I have set this at 10 as any more seems to give an overflow error that I don't understand.

Up to 10 the result appears to accelerate one way & I suspect that this is not the answer that you want.

The first step of making the sheet produce an answer is achieved, now you need to work out if the result is correct & any changes to fix it if not

If you want to be able to quickly see the effect of a change to one of the variables then you can use the global equals symbol , as used on m and M .

And you can see m by the side of the plot , changes to this equation will affect the whole sheet (unless it is redefined at some point).

I would be interested to know the final result of the work sheet - I always think that there are many things to be learnt from every problem.

Regards

Andy

Andy beat me to the answer! One thing you can consider is simplifying the equation a bit since y = dx/dt.

Untitled.png

The problem is that x(0) must be 10 and y(0)=-3.... to make it with data from the simulation example...

Thank you!

You can change the initial conditions back to the original values. I was playing around with the I.C. to see their effects.

Thank very much for the file!

Thank very much! I will try to see if there is another solution to this.. Maybe somebody will also make some sugestions..

Thank you again...

After i will give this project, i will try to post here the right solution and also give the apropiate feedback for anybody that gives a helpful sugestion or maybe the correct one

Top Tags