cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Plot Animation

Alani
1-Newbie

Plot Animation

Hi,

Can you help in creating animation for the plotting of shear, moment and deflection of a beam?

I made a worksheet for the calculations, and every thing looks just fine, except for the animation!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Alani)

FRAME is a built in variable that is used by the animation engine. You can use it, but you cannot redefine it (at least, not if you want animation to work )

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

FRAME is a built in variable that is used by the animation engine. You can use it, but you cannot redefine it (at least, not if you want animation to work )

Alani
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Richard, thank you so much, you made my day! I was stuck in this until you showed up.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Animation works differently as you may think.

You can USE the system variable FRAME, but you are not allowed to (re)define it.

When you do an animation, you tell Mathcad the range it should alter the variable FRAME. FRAME will be changed in ascending order with a step of 1. You can base your calculation on that variable to produce different plots for different values of FRAME.

Are you after something like the attached?

Alani
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Werner, I can't thank you enough! Your animation is awesome and it's exactly what was in mind.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Naji Alani wrote:

Dear Werner, I can't thank you enough! Your animation is awesome and it's exactly what was in mind.

You have to keep in mind to fix the limits also for the secondary ordinate axis, other the plots "jumps" during the animation as Mathcad will automatically adapt those limits.

Top Tags