cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Plot a Point in 3D Space

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant

Plot a Point in 3D Space

All -- I have always struggled with the 3D plotting facilities in Mathcad, which I find quite non-intuitive. Where am I going wrong in attempting to plot a single point in space?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MoeSzyslak)

If you pass the plot an array it plots the row and column numbers as x and y, and the value as z. You need to pass it arrays for each coordinate, even if they are just single element arrays.

Richard
MoeSzyslak
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Richard, Jean -- thanks. Sometimes, I am not a very smart man.

Matt

The "nesting procedure" in Mathcad,
is more important than mostly important.

jmG

On 7/29/2009 11:48:44 AM, Moe_Szyslak wrote:
==I have always struggled with the 3D plotting facilities in Mathcad, which I find quite non-intuitive. Where am I going wrong in attempting to plot a single point in space?

If it's of any help, there is a partial emulation of Maple's plottools library in the worksheet at http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?113275,15 . You just need to copy the collapsed area named "plottools emulation" over to whatever worksheet you want and call the appropriate functions.

You can create a single point at (x,y,z)=(1,2,3) by

pt := vec2pt(stack(1,2,3))

and then entering pt into the 3D plot placeholder (setting the "disply as" element of the "general" tab in the 3D dialog box to "scatter plot")

Example attached.

Stuart
Top Tags