cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plot an implicit function

ptc-4254605
1-Newbie

Plot an implicit function

I'm trying to plot the general solution for titrating an n-protic acid with an m-protic acid base. The solution cannot be expressed explicitly.

I've poked around in here and the manual but can find anything that really addresses the problem. I tried to find a way to make my function fill in a table and plot the table, but I can't get it to do even that.

File attaches as MathCad 14.0 file.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think your brackets confused Mathcad for some reason! Remove them and you get an explicit solution - see attached.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4254605)

Why are you trying to solve it symbolically?

Mike

Because I'm not familiar with MathCad and am curious to see how it works. And I wanted an explicit function because that would've been MUCH easier to work with.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

I think your brackets confused Mathcad for some reason! Remove them and you get an explicit solution - see attached.

Alan

I'll be cat-haired. Sho' nuff.

Take the brackets away, and MathCad can find an explicit solution.

I wish I knew how I managed to confuse MathCad. I bet it thought the Kw/[H] was part of the summation somehow.

I now have a general solution. Life is good.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

Top Tags