cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Plots are not copying clearly to powerpoint while using dotted lines in x-y plot

vveeran
4-Participant

Plots are not copying clearly to powerpoint while using dotted lines in x-y plot

In the x-y plot,

the plots are not copying to the

powerpoint clearly, when I choose dotted lines(Traces--> line-->dotted lines)

Please go through the attached file

for clear understanding of my question.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:vveeran)

The error is in the metafile Mathcad creates, so it is what it is. It's been like this for years, and it's unlikely to ever get fixed. I use one of two approaches to get around it. One is to paste the graphic into a drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator, and clean it up there. So in your example I would paste with solid lines, and then change the lines to dashed in Illustrator. The other approach is to create a table of the data, copy and paste that into Excel, and create the graph there. If I need a top quality graphic then I may even create the graph in Excel, and then edit it in Illustrator.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Paste as a metafile rather than an enhanced metafile.

vveeran
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

If I paste as a metafile, the picture quality is not good.

Only if I paste it in enhanced metafile,

the picture quality is good.

Is there any other procedure to copy and paste

without affecting the picture quality.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The error is in the metafile Mathcad creates, so it is what it is. It's been like this for years, and it's unlikely to ever get fixed. I use one of two approaches to get around it. One is to paste the graphic into a drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator, and clean it up there. So in your example I would paste with solid lines, and then change the lines to dashed in Illustrator. The other approach is to create a table of the data, copy and paste that into Excel, and create the graph there. If I need a top quality graphic then I may even create the graph in Excel, and then edit it in Illustrator.

vveeran
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Thank you very much for your reply.

Top Tags