cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Plotting Issue

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Plotting Issue

I have what is probably a simple plotting issue. It occurs at the bottom of the attached worksheet. I am comparing four outputs from Odesolve and Radau: velocity, stress, porosity and pore pressure. When I plot the velocity and stress together there is no problem (I know there are some differences in the peaks, but I understand why this is happening and it is not the issue). For the porosity and pore pressure, the outputs look ok if I put them on separate plots, but if I put them on the same plot, the output from the second quantity on the plot (from Odesolve) does not seem to plot correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnRudnicki)

Hi John, thanks for saving it in Mathcad 11 format. Though it's no longer necessary to save as a .ZIP file. That forum problem was corrected some time ago.

To your plotting problem:

I see no definition of t. I'd expect it to be defined as a range, at least.

Now you're using the quickplot feature, which means Mathcad gets to choose the values of t. While that goes well in many cases, here it may cause interference with the values in the first column of S4...

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnRudnicki)

Hi John, thanks for saving it in Mathcad 11 format. Though it's no longer necessary to save as a .ZIP file. That forum problem was corrected some time ago.

To your plotting problem:

I see no definition of t. I'd expect it to be defined as a range, at least.

Now you're using the quickplot feature, which means Mathcad gets to choose the values of t. While that goes well in many cases, here it may cause interference with the values in the first column of S4...

Success!
Luc

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks Luc. That was the solution. Defining t explicitly eliminated the problem.

John

Top Tags