Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Problem with Prime 2.0

SOLVED
Highlighted

Plotting Problem with Prime 2.0

Dear community,

I am trying (but still failing) to plot a function in Mathcad prime 2.0. Please have a look at the attached file. My function consists of U1(x) for 0<x<a and U2(x) for a<x<b+a.

Can anyone help me please?

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Plotting Problem with Prime 2.0

Select the graph, then under the plots tab add a trace to both the X & Y axis And add the extra function as attached...

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

One option , define a range for x (Mathcad 15 would do this implicitly in the graph for you).

Regards

Andy

Thank you.

Any idea how to combine both curves U1(x) and U2(x) in one diagram knowing that each function has its own range of x (see my original post).

Select the graph, then under the plots tab add a trace to both the X & Y axis And add the extra function as attached...

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

Anyone help me please plot these two functions (see attached file).

I'm still not comfortable with plotting under MP2.0

changed two typos (unit of I and index at abscissa variable)

according to a_k3: the values are complex. What do you want to show, real part or magnitude?

Thank you. I didn't realize that ak3 could have complex values.

Now you see there is blank space between the axes. I tried to shift the y-axis to the right but still coulddn't get rid of that blank space of the x-axis. Any remedy for that? Is it possible to delete the blank space to the right of the x-axis?

Another problem appears in the third page where I cleared the Ic0 because it should float now. However I see that the definition of S is lost as a result of this step. One solution is to manuall replace S with its definition (Ic0/Ut) in all subsequent equations. Is there a more elegant solution?

John Doe wrote:

... Is it possible to delete the blank space to the right of the x-axis?

I don't think so.

Another problem appears in the third page where I cleared the Ic0 because it should float now. However I see that the definition of S is lost as a result of this step. One solution is to manuall replace S with its definition (Ic0/Ut) in all subsequent equations. Is there a more elegant solution?

Make S a function of Ic0. i.e. S(Ic0):=Ico/UT. Then replace S by S(Ic0) in the following functions.

Alan

Have nothing substantial to add to Alans posting.

Just thought to remark that you don't need to clear a variable just because you use its name as formal parameter in a subsequent function definition. On the other side it does not hurt if you do.

Indeed!

What about axis intersection? I want the x-axis to begin from 10^-3 and not from 0 like the y-axis. Is this possible? (I want to delete that part of the x-axis left to the y-axis but could not do so).