cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Plotting a simple straight line in 3D

fizzy
1-Newbie

Plotting a simple straight line in 3D

Hello...

I can't believe I have to ask...meaning that I can't figure this out, but here goes.

I have been trying to create a mock-up plot in 3D (x, y & z), and each thing I try I end up having to abandon. I don't need to spend a lot of time on this, so rather than try to make something work, I just keep 'dumbing it down' just for the sake of getting an end-result.

So, I have worked my way down the [difficulty] scale to where I am now, and I still can't accomplish what I need.....oh well.

What I am not trying to get done is to plot a simple straight line from the origin (0,0,0) out to some value.....which its value is immaterial to my goal.

If you plot a straight line of the form: y = mx + b, where m = 1 and b = 0, you get a nice line. I want the same thing, but in x, y & z space. For the life of me I can't get it. I think I've been at it too long.

Can anyone give a hamnd please?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
fizzy
1-Newbie
(To:fizzy)

[Sigh].....I figured it out.

I don't know how to delete this post however, so it's not sitting in the list cluttering things up.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:fizzy)

Well post your solution so it can help others in the future. That way the thread is worthwhile.

Mike

Top Tags