cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaN by real numbers.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaN by real numbers.

Hello, Sir

My costumer have the problem of the mathcad, and I don't know how to solve it.

Is there

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I agree with Luc and Werner (below) that Prime will run this sheet. 

The one you posted had obviously been converted from Mathcad 15 (all the red arrows are a giveaway.)  I have Prime Express, and version 6.0 had no trouble until I got to the definitions of the gain; then I was told that "Im" and "Re" are premium functions.  I was able to sneak around this,

Capture.JPG

and get the same plot as Werner

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

For  whatever reason, the plot has numbers in the units placeholder locations.  Try removing those, leaving only blank placeholders.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Dear Fred

Thank you for answering.

And the other question is,

my customer says that file can carry out with mathcad 15, but it's failed with mathcad prime 5.0

Could you help me sort this out, please?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Haydena)

Mathcad Prime is a completely different beast compared to Mathcad (such as 15).

If you have a license for (any version of) Mathcad Prime, you are entitled to install Mathcad 15 using that very same license file (First install Prime, then Mathcad 15).

Once you have that (and you HAVE to have both installed!), you can convert a Mathcad 15 sheet to Prime.

Note that after conversion the sheet is not guaranteed to work (the same way as it did in Mathcad 15), but problems generally only occur when advanced Mathcad 15 functionality is used...

Success!
Luc

P.S. There's no tool to convert a Prime sheet to Mathcad 15 format.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you, I got it.

I agree with Luc and Werner (below) that Prime will run this sheet. 

The one you posted had obviously been converted from Mathcad 15 (all the red arrows are a giveaway.)  I have Prime Express, and version 6.0 had no trouble until I got to the definitions of the gain; then I was told that "Im" and "Re" are premium functions.  I was able to sneak around this,

Capture.JPG

and get the same plot as Werner

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Thank you, Fred.

I saw that you add the functions.

I am trying!

I see the error when I open the file (last state before saving) but when I let the sheet recalculate I get a plot without any errors. I tried with Prime 6 and Prime 5 and both worked OK.

B.PNG

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

I try to recalculate the sheet, but it's still have the error....

Top Tags