cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting simple 2d graphic from adjacency matrix and a homogeneous data matrix

tlutze
4-Participant

Plotting simple 2d graphic from adjacency matrix and a homogeneous data matrix

Hiya,

(Mathcad Noob here 🙂 )

I'm trying to get Mathcad Prime to do a relatively simple plot using an adjacency matrix and homogeneous data points.

In Matlab I can do this quite simple like so:

screenshot.19.jpg   

screenshot.20.jpg

Which results in this:

screenshot.21.jpg

Now if I try to the same in Mathcad I get this (dont mind the 3d plots, just fiddling around):

screenshot.22.jpg

I'm sure its because I don't know what I'm doing, since I'm still relatively new in mathcad. And it might even not be possible to do in Mathcad. But I was hopeing someone could enlighten me.

Thanx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:tlutze)

Unfortunately Prime does not offer the nice plot functions Matlab provides.

But you may create your own functions depending on your needs.

If the list of points is contiguous, in the correct order and the third coordinate of the homogeneous coordinates is guaranteed to be always 1, this (similar to Lucs approach) would be the most easiest way:

B1.png

But if this easy approach is not applicable you have to resort to writing your own function. I created a function "gplot" (by no means as universal as Matlab's, of course) which does what I think you'd like to be done. I am taking into account the upper right half of the symmetric adj matrix only and distinguish only between zero and non-zero value.

Just a quick hack - hope it helps.

B2.png

Prime 5 worksheet attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I have no idea what an adjacency matrix is, neither why you need it to get the plot you're after, given matrix D.

Does the attached help?

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Unfortunately Prime does not offer the nice plot functions Matlab provides.

But you may create your own functions depending on your needs.

If the list of points is contiguous, in the correct order and the third coordinate of the homogeneous coordinates is guaranteed to be always 1, this (similar to Lucs approach) would be the most easiest way:

B1.png

But if this easy approach is not applicable you have to resort to writing your own function. I created a function "gplot" (by no means as universal as Matlab's, of course) which does what I think you'd like to be done. I am taking into account the upper right half of the symmetric adj matrix only and distinguish only between zero and non-zero value.

Just a quick hack - hope it helps.

B2.png

Prime 5 worksheet attached.

tlutze
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

It looks promising, I'll test it and see if it works as I think it will.

I'll report back.
thanks so far.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Some examples from this community.

T. Tokoro.

3D-plot.png3D-plot-y.png

star3D.png

Top Tags