cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Plotting the third point ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Plotting the third point ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:lvl107)

As Werner shows, there is an imaginary component to the second point (that is small enough that it apparently doesn't show in your version.)  The solution would be to specify only the real portions {Re(g(x))}. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Sorry, but I give up - explaining the very same over an over again!

Maybe someone else has more luck

B.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B2.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Werner, I very sorry about my questionSmiley Sad. My question would be : "Is there a way to plot the third root-point  ?"

2.PNGBest Regards.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@lvl107 wrote:

Werner, I very sorry about my questionSmiley Sad. My question would be : "Is there a way to plot the third root-point  ?"

Sure!

B.png

Or you may consider Freds suggestion.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

As Werner shows, there is an imaginary component to the second point (that is small enough that it apparently doesn't show in your version.)  The solution would be to specify only the real portions {Re(g(x))}. 

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Yes, yes... I guess so. Many many thanks, Fred.Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy. The point doesn't show in my Mathcad15 (version).

Many thanks again, Fred.

Best Regards.

Loi.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@lvl107 wrote:

The point doesn't show in my Mathcad15 (version).

I bet it does if you do the same as I did. Look at how I modified the definition of pts.

Some day even you will realize that Mathcad simply can't handle a family of functions defined like g(x) as we would like it to do and you can't expect that just one single k in f(k,x) can equal what Mathcad does with g(x).

You have a different k for every interval of length 2 pi!

One last try:

B3.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Now I'm sure that you're right : "My Mathcad15 doesn't show third root-point":

3.PNG 

lvl107
20-Turquoise

By the way : " a 'full' key word make some other help with 'fully' does ?" :

4.PNG

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Fred, could you please give me a sreenshot of that of other version ?

Best Regards.

Loi.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

As I have said elsewhere, I no longer have version 15, only Prime 4.0 express.  So when I type (Re(g(x)), please consider it a suggestion to type it yourself, somewhere where you have already defined g(x).

Top Tags