cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Plotting using text

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Plotting using text

I would like to plot using text (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc) my calculations using integers, but it is hard to see the results. Any suggestion
6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

Could you post an example of what's required, or at least close to what you want.

Maybe show what you have previously been producing.

IRstuff
3-Visitor

In general, that's something I would port to Excel and plot therein

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:IRstuff)

Good idea the data could be passed to Excel and the graph produced there. Inserting Excel components is messy and usually takes a lot of playing around though.

You can place text boxes over the required sections of the graph.

Cheers

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You label the exes of Mathcad graphs with text, so, as already suggested, an Excel component is about the only option. Your only other option is to download the e-book here:

http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad/mathcad_usage/blog/2010/05/27/creating-amazing-images-with-mathcad-14

That shows you how to put text on graphs, but you still have a lot of work to do to make a labelled axis!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

I have just downloaded and installed the suggested e-book which has some fantastic features - A little above my Mathcad knowledge I must add. I doubt the original poster will find what he is after in there.

If he is after labelled axis - Excel is the way to go.

I doubt the original poster will find what he is after in there.

I only said it was a possible solution. I never said it was an easy one

Top Tags