cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Polynomials

rkok
1-Newbie

Polynomials

Does mathcad calculate all polynomials with numerical math or do they have an exact result. Thank you for answering.?

9 REPLIES 9
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rkok)

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Mathcad can do either numeric math or symbolic math, so what you get depends on how you set up the worksheet. Could you be more specific about what you want to do.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:rkok)

rob kok wrote:

Does mathcad calculate all polynomials with numerical math or do they have an exact result. Thank you for answering.?

As Richard says, it depends upon what you want ...

Stuart

May be this help you!

Mathcad has numeric function polyroots:

Polyroots.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

May be this help you!

Mathcad has numeric function polyroots:

Must be синхронность in action, Valery!  I was just thinking about givin a symbolic solve for the polynomial.  I've changed the sign of my third term to match yours (to ensure real roots).

Stuart

Только в Prime 4

prmcp4.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Only in Prime 4

Хороший. Я попробовал его в Prime 3, но ...

Stuart

For Prime 4, 3, 2 but not 1

coeff.png

Valery Ochkov wrote:

And M15.  But, as I've said before, it would be nice to able to combine symbolic and numeric operations in a more integrated fashion ...

Stuart

StuartBruff wrote:

Valery Ochkov wrote:

And M15.  But, as I've said before, it would be nice to able to combine symbolic and numeric operations in a more integrated fashion ...

Stuart

Only here Mathcad PM (Prime Minister)

Top Tags