cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Populating a matrix with a programming loop.

seetheforest
1-Newbie

Populating a matrix with a programming loop.

Hello everyone,

I'm severely new to Mathcad and I am trying to use the programming toolbar to clean up my worksheet.

Currently I have a large matrix full of chemical property data and I want to extract some of that data into a new matrix based on combo boxes. I'm not up to the level of scripting combo box or listbox behavior yet, so I was trying the following workaround.

Data = The large matrix that has mountains of data.

Species(i) = The column number that corresponds to the correct data. If no chemical species was selected Species(i) = "None"

Test = New matrix that I would like to create with just the extracted data from the larger matrix.

See attached for a screenshot of the command. Is there something wrong with my syntax? Can I not use the subscripts in that way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response. I tried using your general flow and I'm still having issues. The problem is that I am pulling columns of data from a 2-D array and trying to make a new 2-D array column by column. Mathcad doesn't seem to like that and I'm not sure how to work around it.

Edit: Will revise once I fix some things.

Edit2: Got it.

Final solution for my problem:

Mathcad Help 2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe so:

filter.png

Thanks for the response. I tried using your general flow and I'm still having issues. The problem is that I am pulling columns of data from a 2-D array and trying to make a new 2-D array column by column. Mathcad doesn't seem to like that and I'm not sure how to work around it.

Edit: Will revise once I fix some things.

Edit2: Got it.

Final solution for my problem:

Mathcad Help 2.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:seetheforest)

Please post a worksheet.

Mike

Top Tags