Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation of Mathcad files to Others

Highlighted

Can anybody help me in presenting my Mathcad files to others who do not have a Mathcad reader or Mathcad itself. I labour furiously to get my Mathcad files in a format that satisfies engineering conventions as well as my sense of aesthetics.

I have always been disappointed with the Mathcad "Save As" options. Has anybody had success in exporting to Word or using PDF generating software etc?

If so, I would value your advice
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hi,

If you use pdf format then use PDF Writer rather than Distiller.

Ian
Highlighted

To save my MathCad files as pdf files for distribution to my colleagues by e-mail, I use FinePrintpdfFactoryPro which was a available from www.pdffactory.com.
The software is easily accessed from the Print menu and comes up among the list of available printers and from there it is simple to use. The drawback is that you get an advertising logo at the bottom of each page, but it is a small price to pay. I believe there is other software that does the same without the advertising.

Danny
Highlighted

I have always had reasonably good results with using MathCAD to save my sheets to .rtf files for use in Microsoft Word. Have you tried this option? If so, why was it unsatisfactory?
Highlighted

There are several options in Mathcad 11. If you save your files as RTF, then view then in Print Layout, they should look almost identical to the original Mathcad file.

You can also save to HTML, with equally good quality. The equations will all be images. Read about choices for that option in the online Author's Reference under Help.

Mona Zeftel
Manager, Documentation and Electronic Publishing
Highlighted

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed you should be able to use the Acrobat PDFwriter.

FILE|PRINT then select Acrobat PDFwriter from the list in the NAME dialog selection.

This works well for me.

r/
Joe Bradley

Adobe Acrobat reader is free, while the writer is $300 ($100 upgrade). pdffactory is $50. I use ghostview, which is a free, high-quality postscript/pdf viewer. Just print your mathcad routine to a file (filename.ps), open it with Ghostview, then save as .pdf. Many people have Ghostview already on their computers to view .ps files.
Ghostview is view is available at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get814.htm

(you must install both Ghostview and Ghostscript)
Highlighted

PDF for free: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp pick both files and install.
Highlighted

Excellent advice. I've just tested it out. Added an HP Color Lasejet 4550 PS driver set to print to file. Printed to PS, Converted to pdf in Ghostview, absolutely no problem!

Stuart
Highlighted

I use eDocpdf Pro; allows you to have bookmarks in the pdf file, based on the styles used in Mathcad, which is useful for navigating through long documents.
http://uk.iteksoft.com/
currently costing $29
Announcements