cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pressure-viscosity coeffcient [m^2 / N]

ptc-6671120
1-Newbie

Pressure-viscosity coeffcient [m^2 / N]

Hi and good evening.

Does anybody know if there is a way I can put in the units of pressure-viscosity coeffcient which is [m^2 / N] in Mathcad Prime 3.0 ?

If I do it 'manually' they become some black and other blue. See picture.

Capture.PNG

Regards. Alexander J.
(I also uploaded the file I'm workin on)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, you redefined "N" as 20*rpm. "N" is a predefined unit already in MC.

Define "your N" with a subscript and the unit you are looking for will become blue.

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Define "your N" with a subscript and the unit you are looking for will become blue.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Hello again

This sorted things out. Thanks!

I read somewhere that they are not (Mathcad team) going to put in more derived units in the units ribbon?
It would be a good idea to be able at least make your own and somehow import them to the unit-ribbon...

Alexander J.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6671120)

Alexander Jóhönnuson wrote:

Hello again

This sorted things out. Thanks!

I read somewhere that they are not (Mathcad team) going to put in more derived units in the units ribbon?
It would be a good idea to be able at least make your own and somehow import them to the unit-ribbon...

Alexander J.

Where did you read this?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:nas0k)

Norm Schutzkus wrote:

In fact thats not abslutely necessary because contrary to Mathcad 15 and below the definition of N as 20*rpm in Prime does not overwrite the units Newton. But Prime has two different N's to chose from and guesses wrong when it tries to determine which want was meant by the author. And its generally not a bad idea to assume that the author meant the variable which he himself had defined.

You may simply select the black N and use the "Labels" option in the "Math" ribbon to change the label from "Variable" to "Unit".

May by this will be useful for you:

kvwater.png

Top Tags