cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Prime 2.0 Issues

Raiko
16-Pearl

Prime 2.0 Issues

Hello fellow MCers,

I tried prime 1.0 and found it to be deficient. Hence, I gave Prime 2.0 a try. Here is what I found so far:

1. Diagrams: not enough options and/or possibilities to prepare a decent graph; e.g. no legend.
  2. I find the pale blue cursor in equations hard to discern from the background. Is there any possibility to change the cursor's colour?
  3. Maybe it is the German keyboard layout, however the scroll wheel is the only reliable means to get from one page to another. Page up and page down work most of the time but the direction keys or the space bar don't.
  4. In functions having a loop a vertical line remains in the print out. Not a problem but annoying if you're whishing to use this for documentation.
  5. Startup time of Prime is really slow! And I'm using it on a Win7, 64 bit, 20 GB RAM machine.
  6. I'm not having issues with Ctrl_ instead of Ctrl. and I'm sure I can get used to it but the amount of click-work required to write a simple line with text and a variable is perplexing. This is especially annoying when correcting equations. Also, see 2.

Anybody else having these issues?

Raiko

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Raiko)

Anybody else having these issues?

Yes, and I have complained here on many occasions (as have others).

But I think you are the first to agree about the bad visibility of the cursor and (which is even more cumbersome for me) that lightgray selection marker, which is barely to be seen on a variety of notebook screens I am working with.

Top Tags