cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Prime 2.0 Printing

ralfieri
1-Newbie

Prime 2.0 Printing

I am new to Prime and have a basic question. I have a 2 page worksheet with the pages arranged left and right. When I print it out, I only get the left page and the footer says page 1 of 1. How do I get the right hand page to print?

3 REPLIES 3

Rich,

Mathcad Prime 2.0 is based on a page document. Unlike earlier versions of Mathcad, only the "printable page" prints. The area to the right of your defined page is a draft view, that will not print.

You can define your page to be wider. Under the Document tab, pick Orientation: landscape for a wider page, and change the default page size to Legal, which is 14 inches wide, or Ledger, which is 17 inches wide in landscape orientation.

I hope this information is helpful,

Mona

rschor
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

I'm just now "migrating" from MathCad to MathCad Prime. I had not be aware of the "printable page" situation (though I did notice that a Text Block, while it seems to extend to both the Printable and Draft pages, "wraps" the text so it stays only on the Printable page.

So here's a question -- what do you do when the expression is more than a page wide? For example, I do quite a bit of Symbolics, including expanding equations, looking for closed-form solutions, etc. In MathCad 14, these expressions would frequently stretch across a page boundary (or two!).

Are there ways to get a wide expression to "split" into a multi-line format?

[I apologize if this is all "in the manual/Help file" -- I was browsing the Community, came across this post with the new information about Printable Pages, and decided to ask here ...]

Bob Schor

Robert-B
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

This is a severe limitation for a program that follows a top-down mathematical definition heirarchy.

I usually put my custom function and unit definitions to the right of the single page width, and use them on the left, below the definition.  Occasionally, I like to print these pages for reference, but usually not.  MathCAD 1-15 worked this nicely with a simple selection box in the print dialog, and in fact these right side areas had clean page breaks, headers, footers, etc.

Sure, the new collapsible regions are meant to obviate this need, but in fact I find them to be a hindrance as this creates a manually intensive conditional page formatting.  One-click selection box was a great thing.

Having file references for the functions is the most direct workaround, but then I have two separate files, which really is untenable for every worksheet.

There's a lot of great features in Prime, such as the rich WYSIWYG presentation and intuitive readability, much better than IDL, MatLab, or Mathematica in my opinion.  But I see a one-sided user perspective in the migration and development of Prime.  I dont care about collapsible regions so much.  They get in the way of my workflow, and yet much of the coding aspects need to be hidden from the overall print for others, or perhaps appended.  Everything I do with MathCAD is this way.

Please bring back the rastered page full-width printing.

Top Tags