cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Prime 2.0 won't run

isaramies
1-Newbie

Prime 2.0 won't run

I have a academic license of MathCad Prime 2.0, and I had it install on this HP EliteBook 8740w laptop in question.

Few days ago I did a clean install of win 8 64-bit on the same laptop, and installed Prime 2.0 again from DVD. However now the program wons start, it just flashes an error window, of which I managed to take a screen capture.
Mathcad Prime 2.0 error.png

Now I tried repairing the istallation without any luck. The setup.exe always offers new installation.
I also tried repairing with PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.exe, which tells me it's repairing the installation, but the results are the same - the Prime won't start after this.

I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, no luck.

I tried another laptop, and it works ok.

The error log is attached.

Any ideas, how to get my prime working again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:isaramies)

It might be worth checking that you have the right versions of .NET installed and that you have your virus checker turned off during installation (taking any other due security precautions).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Please submit an academic support request here "Academic Case Logger": Academic Case Logger

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:isaramies)

It might be worth checking that you have the right versions of .NET installed and that you have your virus checker turned off during installation (taking any other due security precautions).

I installed quite a lot of windows updates, including one .NET update, and suddenly the Prime was working perfectly. So I'm pretty sure it was the .NET that was causing this.
I tried installing with my virus protection turned off before, but it did not make any difference. Thanks!

Top Tags