cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Prime 2 won't save my changes - Help!!

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

Prime 2 won't save my changes - Help!!

I have a large worksheet that was converted from 15.

Today I made a number of corrections to some of the assumptions that new data has clarified.

When I try to save the file, I'm getting this error:

Capture3.PNG

similar to the error I receive when I'm trying to open a Prime 3 file...

the information in the log file is uninspiring.

here's an extract:

Exception data:

File being saved: ..\Desktop\48V ph1 dcdc Full bridge 2tx 25 1 2016 with litz - Copy - Copy.mcdx

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Ptc.Controls.EquationControl.GetDisplayMatrixCell(IMatrixResultNode matrix, MatrixFormat matrixFormat, Int32 r, Int32 c, Boolean useEagerMatrixForSmallMatrix)

at Ptc.Controls.EquationControl.ConvertToEagerMatrix(IMatrixResultNode originalMatrix, MatrixFormat matrixFormat, Boolean useEagerMatrixForSmallMatrix)

at Ptc.Controls.EquationControl.ConvertToDisplayMatrix(IMatrixResultNode originalMatrix, MatrixFormat matrixFormat, Boolean useEagerMatrixForSmallMatrix)

at Ptc.Controls.EquationControl.ConvertAnyFormattedMatrixToDisplayMatrix(IResultNode resultNode, MatrixFormat matrixFormat, Boolean useEagerMatrixForSmallMatrix)

at Ptc.Controls.EquationControl.get_EngineResultForSerialization()

at Ptc.Calculation.Core.ResultManager.GetEngineResultForSerializationFromCalculatable(ICalculatableResultOwner resultOwner)

at Ptc.Calculation.Core.ResultManager.AddResult(ICalculatableResultOwner calculatable)

I am going to try a line by line check between the current saved file & the modified version, but it is a mammoth task and since I don't know what I'm looking for I don't hold much hope for success.

Has anyone seen anything like this or any suggestions how to preserve the changes that I've made?

Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Richard,

This helped.

I have tentatively identified a glitch in an included file that is promoting the problem, but I'm not sure what it is.

There were a few changes made & prime doesn't automatically update the results if the included file is modified (even when the file is re-opened; it seems that the last image is used rather than reloading the latest version...).

So I can't say exactly when the glitch occurred.

I have tidied a few things up & it seems to work correctly now- I should try to make it fail again to close the problem - time permitting, further updates may follow.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried copying everything and pasting it into a new worksheet, and then tried to save that?

Thanks Richard,

This helped.

I have tentatively identified a glitch in an included file that is promoting the problem, but I'm not sure what it is.

There were a few changes made & prime doesn't automatically update the results if the included file is modified (even when the file is re-opened; it seems that the last image is used rather than reloading the latest version...).

So I can't say exactly when the glitch occurred.

I have tidied a few things up & it seems to work correctly now- I should try to make it fail again to close the problem - time permitting, further updates may follow.

Regards

Andy

Top Tags