cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Prime 3.0 download link anyone

DaveWooff
5-Regular Member

Prime 3.0 download link anyone

I have a license for Prime 3.0 and am re-installing on a new PC after a few years away from Mathcad and require a download link - is there one available?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveWooff
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

(I am including the following for the record in case someone else has the same problem)

Ah, thanks. 

Well that is actually good since it forced me to look in my email archive and sure enough the original "Software Order Fulfillment Confirmation" or "shipment info" email (7 years ago!) contained a link to an authorised download.  I am now downloading the install image so hopefully all is well.

Thanks all.

Dave

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DaveWooff
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks.  I had already gone down that path but it complains that I have no customer number associated with my login, which is true, however I can see no way of setting the customer number anywhere (I do actually have one from the original purchase documentation).  I have no active service contract.  Frustrating!

Hi,

unfortunately no active service contract = no access to install media.

Try contacting you local PTC VAR. I hope they provide you install media.

Martin Hanák
DaveWooff
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

(I am including the following for the record in case someone else has the same problem)

Ah, thanks. 

Well that is actually good since it forced me to look in my email archive and sure enough the original "Software Order Fulfillment Confirmation" or "shipment info" email (7 years ago!) contained a link to an authorised download.  I am now downloading the install image so hopefully all is well.

Thanks all.

Dave

FS_5904521
4-Participant
(To:DaveWooff)

Hi @DaveWooff 

I am now facing the same problem as you. However, by now the download is no longer available at PTC, since Prime 3 is discontinued.

Would you by any chance still have that install image?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Felipe

DaveWooff
5-Regular Member
(To:FS_5904521)

Hi Felipe,

sadly no, sorry.  It was on an old PC which has been trashed.  When I upgraded my PC, I decided to give up on Mathcad on the basis of very poor customer support and buggy software in Prime.  Unless you have a support contract, I would say you are going to find things very difficult.

Good luck,

David.

FS_5904521
4-Participant
(To:DaveWooff)

Thanks for your reply DaveWolf.

Luckily I have not experienced bugs in the software, most probably because I am a less advanced user than you and the functionalities that I use are therefore more basic.

But as you said, I am finding it extremely difficult to get customer support from PTC, unfortunately.

Best,

Felipe

Top Tags