cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Prime 3.1: How to hide collapsed areas for printing?

jkordas-2
1-Newbie

Prime 3.1: How to hide collapsed areas for printing?

Hi to everyone here!!

I have a worksheet for rail calculations and I am used collapsible areas to hide certain information on the printout, however when printed the collapsed areas still show.  Is there anyway to get these areas to not print in MathCAD Express Prime 3.1?  I have attached the sheet I am working with for any ones reference.  Thank you in advance for your input.

Sincerely,

Justin Kordas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nas0k
7-Bedrock
(To:jkordas-2)

I don't believe areas will work for you.

Another thought, looking at a two-page view, you can place your area data on page two (removing the areas of course), then print page one.

To print with the data, you'll have to move the contents on page two back on page one. Not ideal, but there Prime 3 is not ready for prime time document publication.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nas0k
7-Bedrock

Do you mean that they show as un-collapsed? I printed your document to pdf and left one area un-collapsed. it appears to work as expected on Prime 3.

You can move all you areas to the top of your sheet then add space between the calculations and the areas; moving the calculations to a second page, then print only the second page.

Just an idea...

I hope this helps.

Norm,

On your PDF you can see the boxes around the collapsible areas.  I want to be able to print without the boxes being visible in both forms, collapsed and un-collapsed.  Thank you for your time.

nas0k
7-Bedrock

I don't believe areas will work for you.

Another thought, looking at a two-page view, you can place your area data on page two (removing the areas of course), then print page one.

To print with the data, you'll have to move the contents on page two back on page one. Not ideal, but there Prime 3 is not ready for prime time document publication.

Norm,

Thank you. I guess I'll just have to fake it for now until PTC makes something available. Thstsnks again for your input.

Top Tags