cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Prime Express is Really Good

SSCon
4-Participant

Prime Express is Really Good

Controversial I know, but the free version of Prime is surprisingly good. Hated the idea of moving from 15 but had to with a new job.

How I organise my worksheets is significantly different but I can do almost all the programming I used to do in 15 in Prime Express - don't do anything too complicated - and I think the end results are usually cleaner.

Attached are a few examples I was surprised I could do with Prime Express (V5).

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SSCon)

Nice.

Should you ever need more complicated functionality ( functions like mean and stdev ), then have a look here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Prime-Express-A-joke/m-p/604216

Also know that Prime 5 is the last express version that keeps the "express" banner relatively modest. While it's no problem to download, install and run Prime 6 (next to 5 on the very same computer) don't go up to Prime 6 for your serious work: You'll hate the express banner. Besides for express users there is nothing to gain in Prime 6 with respect to Prime 5, other than the ability to view the latest sheets posted.

Success with your new job!

Luc

Top Tags