cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Prime Plotting

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Prime Plotting

I know prime plotting is lacking, but is there anyway to specify which variable a set is plotted against?  In this simple example I seem to need two x's, while it is perfectly happy to stack up the y - provided it comes last.  Can I show a single x and single y on the abscissa?  4.0 attached.

This is what I have (2 x's):

2017-08-03_8-04-40 - Copy.png

I'd like this (1 x): (paint mockup)

2017-08-03_8-04-402 - Copy.png 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DJF)

I don't think it's smart enough to do what you want. This is not specific to Prime though, it's also true in Mathcad 15.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJF)

>  Can I show a single x and single y on the abscissa?

No.

The assignment is doen by the order and if no corresponding abscissa entry can be found, the last one is used (thats the reason for the stacked y)

The behaviour is the same in real Mathcad, too.

You could hide the labels alltogether and add a legend. Thats easy in MC15 but Prime does not provide a legend and you would create your own in a text box 😞

Pic.png

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

I think, if all the dependent variables are based on the same independent variable, then you only have to list the independent variable once.  However, if any of the dependent variables are based on unique independent variables, then you have to list them all, one for one.  Otherwise, Mathcad doesn't know which variables pairs to use.  As was mentioned above, Mathcad 15 does the same thing.

Top Tags