cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Prime is the worst package ever

sleggettt
1-Newbie

Prime is the worst package ever

Seriously!?!?!?!

You can't highlight a variable in a symbolic equation and just solve for it?

It is ridiculous that it is easier to rearrange the equation by hand and solve without the help of Mathcad!!!

What is the point?

15 versions of a wonderful working software package and you just threw it out. I hope it makes you lots of money because you obviously don't care about long term customers.

SMath looks better and better. 

Of course, all of this said, knowing that no one at PTC cares one little bit!

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I miss the shortcut key (") to insert a text box.

I miss the ability to just start typing and then add a space for mathcad to realise it is now a text box not a math region.

The aim of prime was twofold.  64 bit compilation, new Windows ribbon style.

It is going to take 15 iterations to reach Mathcad 15 utility.

Cheers

Terry.

It is going to take 15 iterations to reach Mathcad 15 utility.

I fear that's much too optimistic

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:sleggettt)

I'd like to see the statement 'worst package ever' substantiated.

In terms of Mathcad:

I think it's worse than Mathcad 12. Especially because it doesn't seem to improve and is lasting for 10 years now, while Mathcad 12 was superceded by Mathcad 13 within a year or so.

In terms of Applications in general:

I don't know a worse package off-hand, let me think about it...

In terms of software in general:

Computer viruses are a worse.

Luc

SL_9674672
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

It is the worst because it took my #1 engineering tool away. Now my best option is Excel. So.... Excel is way better than Mathcad at this point. I was going to get Prime for all the guys in my engineering group, but the primary calculations we perform do not work well in Prime. At least a computer virus does what the creator claims it will do.

I decide for myself that Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime are different programs with their own advantages and disadvantages. And I calmed down on this!

SL_9674672
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Oh it was definitely a bait and switch. in this case, they took old mathcad away. I can't choose to use other than prime. Now it appears that there is a bug that doesn't allow vectors outside of a program to be included in a program. Things that worked in MC 15 no longer work in Prime or went away all together.
Top Tags