cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Printing in Prime 2.0 - Bottom of Pages Keeps Getting Cut Off

tjohnson-2
1-Newbie

Printing in Prime 2.0 - Bottom of Pages Keeps Getting Cut Off

When I print in Prime 2.0 the bottom of the page is getting cut off. Everything looks good in the "Page View." I have 8.5x11, Portrait, Standard Margins, with the shown grid. Please see my the page I printed of just the grid. I opened a new worksheet and turned the gird on, then printed it. It is shortened at the bottom of the page and is cutting off my text and calculations I have in my worksheet. What is going on?

Also, "Page View" is NOT print preview since what I'm seeing in "Page View" is not printing.

15 REPLIES 15

The only solution I have found to this was just making a PDF out of my document and then printing the PDF. I still haven't found a solution when trying to print directly from MathCad Prime 2.0.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tjohnson-2)

I take it this doesn't happen with any other software packages?

Can you upload the worksheet and I'll try printing.

Mike

I cannot see anything on the pdf.

Mike

Here are my documents.

1. Printing Test Sheet is my actual Prime 2.0 file.

2. A scan of what I actually printed.

3. Just making a PDF of my document in Prime 2.0.

DOC005 is the reason I say Page View is NOT Print Preview because it does not print what I am seeing.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have just printed the worksheet and all of the text printed.

If you go to the document tab, can you confirm which settings you have selected?

Mike

Here is an image of my Document Tab.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Same as mine. I take it you have been through your printing preferences?

Mike

Yes, nothing I can find.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Very strange. It must have something to do with your end because I can print the whole page without an issue. Have you tried repairing the installation?

Mike

How do I just repair the installation?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I haven't tried to be honest. Try control panel Add& Remove programs.

Maybe just to a total reinstall.

Mike

Oh, yes. I remember where the Repair is. Repair didn't work and full install didn't work either. Mathcad 15 prints just fine. Tried printing from Prime 2.0, still cutting off the bottom of my pages.

I'm stumped.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

That is really strange, maybe a compatability issue between Prime & your printer, which I doubt. Have you tried a different printer?

Mike

One of the developers suggested that it's an issue with your printer driver and .NET framework. I suggest you check your printer manufacturing site, and make sure you have the latest driver. Updating or reinstalling the printer driver may help.

I don't see any other reports of this issue.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

I couldn't replicate the issue Mona and came the same conclusion that it must have been a printer issue.

Mike

Top Tags