cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Printing issue (with protected areas) in Mathcad Prime v4

wikidam
6-Contributor

Printing issue (with protected areas) in Mathcad Prime v4

Hello,

I have found an issue with printing in Mathcad Prime (v4. registered version). Mathcad CANNOT print a worksheet that has "included worksheets" containing "password protected areas", and threw an error as shown in the attached jpg. if I unprotect all the areas in referring worksheets and include them again, the worksheet will be able to be printed out successfully. I have attached two worksheets to this post. worksheet 2 has a password protected area, and worksheet 1 refer to worksheet 2. If you try to print worksheet 1, you will see the printing error.

Is there anyone having this issue before? Please help me!

Thank you

Thai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wikidam
6-Contributor
(To:wikidam)

Just a quick update.

The issue reportedly has been fixed in the new version (prime 5).

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

I can confirm the bug.

I see the very same effect.

Win10 64 bit, Prime 4.0

Trotzdem, du legst dir eine 4 Version des Programms Smiley Wink.

@VladimirN wrote:

Trotzdem, du legst dir eine 4 Version des Programms Smiley Wink.

Ja, zum Spielen, zum Beantworten von Fragen im Forum und weil es mich nichts kostet.

Wir werden allerdings ab 2019 Mathcad nicht mehr einsetzen (Prime natürlich ohnedies nicht). Ich halte das für eine richtige Entscheidung, auch wenn ich Mathcad immer sehr geschätzt und gerne verwendet habe. Die Entwicklungen der letzten Jahre lassen uns de facto aber keine andere Wahl. Es wäre unverantwortlich und nicht vertretbar, dieses Programm noch weiter einzusetzen.

I fear that the only people who will continue with Mathcad are those who have "corporate" membership, using a "seat" purchased by their employer (usually as a block of licenses served in a large company.)  Since PTC is (or plans to) bundle Mathcad with their drafting/modeling software, the change fits their plan.

The suffers are the small company employees, academics, and individual users.

I once was told that Ford (the auto company) made about 1% of theirs cars defective.  (Not on purpose.)  They considered that losing 1% of their customers.  Apparently PTC has a similar marketing philosophy.

I, for one, will miss the sense of fellowship and scholarship of the Collaboratory.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

You make it sound like you're leaving already. ..
I will continue using Mathcad 11 until the bitter end. And continue frequenting this forum as long as needed to help mathcad and prime users.

@LucMeekes wrote:
You make it sound like you're leaving already. ..
I will continue using Mathcad 11 until the bitter end. And continue frequenting this forum as long as needed to help mathcad and prime users.

Not necessarily leaving Mathcad--just retiring.  At that point I will not have the corporate seat I've been using, only whatever latest Express version there is. 

Think you are perfectly right and I feel like you when it comes to quit using MC and consequently not frequenting tihs forum anymore - at least not on a regular basis.

We do not intend to use SMath Studio, but maybe the forum there could be a place to meet some of the former collabs.

@Fred_Kohlhepp wrote:
I, for one, will miss the sense of fellowship and scholarship of the Collaboratory.

Agreed. However, those days are gone. PTC never did give a hoot about any of the existing Mathcad users. They only care about a dumbed-down bolt-on product for their CAD software. Mathcad 15 (and 11) is dead, and Smath has more attraction than Prime.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Same error occurs in Prime4 Express on Win10 32 bits.

Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Please report it about this issue for PTC's technical support: https://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

wikidam
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you.

I am contacting PTC technical support team, and I will update a solution to the post when the issue is solved.

wikidam
6-Contributor

Just a quick update.

@wikidam wrote:

Just a quick update.

And 5 will be released when?

@Fred_Kohlhepp wrote:

@wikidam wrote:

Just a quick update.

And 5 will be released when?

According to this post

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Mathcad-Prime-5-0-some-new-updates/m-p/547268/highlight/true#M180008

in June this year.

But given the rumour that all (apart from some bug fixes) we would get in P5 are improvements in 2D-plotting (or what PTC  may consider an improvement) and given the change in license scheme (no perpetual licenses anymore) - do you really care?

@Werner_E wrote:

- do you really care?

Not very much!

Officially, according to the PTC's calendar, the release is scheduled for June 2018.

Pic_1.png

wikidam
6-Contributor

According to product calendar, the next scheduled release is Mathcad 5.0 in June 2018.

wikidam
6-Contributor

PTC website has just announced the new version (v5) is available, but Caronlyn with PTC confirmed that it is an error on their website, and the released date was delayed to July 14th.

@wikidam wrote:

PTC website has just announced the new version (v5) is available, but Caronlyn with PTC confirmed that it is an error on their website, and the released date was delayed to July 14th.

I notice she didn't commit to 2018.   🙂

Now it got even worse as they claim now that Prime 4.0 would have enhanced 2D plotting capabilities:

B.PNG

wikidam
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

lol. I think they meant v5.

Realizing that P5 isn't out yet, without thinking what they're doing, they've just changed every occurrence of P5 to P4.

wikidam
6-Contributor

As of today, the v5 has not been released. (Carolyn with PTC said it was set for July 14th). Have asked PTC and JullianL with PTC sad it is set again to be released on July 24th :D. Asking him/her how likely that date, but he/she was asking me back that if I am buying a license :). He/she ended the chat without saying bye; such a bad customer service!

If you're going to be using Mathcad, you need to get used to PTC.

They either don't know or don't care (or both.)

Their major product is 3D modeling software.  Mathcad is (supposed to be) a simple add-on feature that enhances modeling.  Details of what is wrong or needed in this little add-on are too insignificant to garner any real attention.

You at least got to talk to somebody!  take the victory!

wikidam
6-Contributor

1. I asked them again in the morning of yesterday, 7/24/2018. was told that it would be released by the end of 7/24/2018.
  2. Asked them again this morning (7/25/2018), and again was told (Nick Z) that it will be released today.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Now it will be called as "PTC Mathcad Prime 5.0.0.0".

wikidam
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Randi at PTC has told me again v5.0.0.0.0..... will be released early next week. lol.

wikidam
6-Contributor

As of 8/6/2018, PTC has not been able to release Prime v5 yet. Nick with PTC has just told me "we're looking at a release date of August 14th!".

I really appreciate PTC's sense of humor 😉

Top Tags