cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problem (BUG) in Chart Component Logarithmic Minor Gridlines

vyerokhin
6-Contributor

Problem (BUG) in Chart Component Logarithmic Minor Gridlines

The Minor grid lines and Tick Marks do not appear at all when using Log scale. This seems to be a bug. I do not know how to submit a bug report, so if anyone does - please submit one. Looks like everything about Log scale under Chart component has not been QC’d.

I'm using the latest Mathcad Prime 6.0, but I believe this problem will also exist in Prime 5. If so, I can't believe this has not been caught during the last 2 or 3 years that they've put a lot of "focus" on graphing

There is also very limited control over the Log plot scale, and sometimes, when playing with Minimum and Maximum under User-Defined Range, the scale displays something completely weird - as shown in attached screenshot. This is probably also a bug.

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:vyerokhin)

You're using the wrong plot tool, this is Prime 4 but the same is shown in Prime 6:

LucMeekes_0-1579244863710.png

Note that the plot tool that was added in Prime 5 is a third-party component. It has other quirks besides not showing tick marks on log scales.

Success!
Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

You're using the wrong plot tool, this is Prime 4 but the same is shown in Prime 6:

Unfortunately the native Prime plot is not able to add gridlines unless you create them on your own like shown here.

The third party chart module which was added in Prime 5 sure is suboptimal in many ways and its also poorly "blended" into Prime.

I would not have too much hope that reporting the various bugs and drawbacks to PTC would be of much help.

IR_4882010
4-Participant
(To:vyerokhin)

I'm up to Prime 7.0 now, and still producing minor gridlines on a logarithmic graph is not possible (the controls are there so it looks like it's possible, but nothing happens). It's surprising that a bug like this was undetected by PTC's quality control process originally, but even more surprising that after several customer complaints and several software versions later, the bug remains. What is going on over at PTC? As much as my company pays for this software one would think PTC would offer a higher quality product. I saw that Prime 8.0 is now available - haven't downloaded it yet, but maybe it has finally resolved this gridline bug.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:IR_4882010)

image.pngimage.png Using Grid function made by Loc and community members.

image.png

Top Tags