cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem inserting a 3D plot --Help Please!

bolt4-disabled
1-Newbie

Problem inserting a 3D plot --Help Please!

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem when trying to insert a contour plot or any of the other 3D plots. I only get a small box about 14pts high. I can't resize the box.

clip_image002.jpg

This is what the box looks like.

I uninstalled 14 and reinstalled 13 and still get the problem. This has not happened to me before on any version. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks,

bryan

11 REPLIES 11

Which OS?

Please post a worksheet with the plot inserted.

Thanks for responding Richard.

My OS is Windows XP home. I've attached a copy of a sample worksheet. The plot does not even show up unles you drag a box around it...

bryan

That is strange. It's just an empty placeholder. If you type a:23+4 into it and then evaluate a (a=) you get a=27. Do you see the 3D plot I inserted in the attached sheet?

Hi Richard,

I don't see plot, but if I drag a box around it, I see the outline of the region and the A you typed into the placeholder. This is strange. I have no idea what is going on. I just opened a worksheet that I did last week that has a 3D plot in it and it is also not showing up, but I can see the outline if I drag a box around it.

bryan

Which version of Mathcad are you now running, including service releases? Also, which versions of the dotnet framework do you have installed?

I'll be honest. I'm fishing. I don't recall ever seeing this before. So first we have to check that all the right pieces are installed on your computer.

The version is Mathcad 13.1.

.net framework 1.1, 2.0 sp2, 3.0 sp2, 3.5 sp1

there are four versions of MSXML 4.0 SP2 showing with different (KB9XXXXX) numbers I'm trying to run repair on these at the moment and am running into some issues with a "can't find network resource" message. Everything should be local on my system. I think we're on to something...

Thanks for sticking with this!

bryan

The version is Mathcad 13.1.

You may as well go back to version 14 (at least the M020 service release). This is not a Mathcad version problem.

.net framework 1.1, 2.0 sp2, 3.0 sp2, 3.5 sp1

Looks like that's not the problem then!

there are four versions of MSXML 4.0 SP2 showing with different (KB9XXXXX) numbers I'm trying to run repair on these at the moment and am running into some issues with a "can't find network resource" message. Everything should be local on my system. I think we're on to something...

I think the KB9XXXXX are MS updates. The error doesn't sound good. If repair doesn't work you should try completely uninstalling and reinstalling MSXML. The check if the 3D plots work. Then check for Windows updates, and install them. Then check again if the 3D plots work.

Thanks. I'll try to clean up these MSXML files and report back...

bryan

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I used the old (now obsolete) windows installer cleanup utility to remove the corrupt versions of MSXML from add/remove programs.

I updated to the latest MSXML version

I ran repair on Mathcad from the add/remove programs window.

Now it is working. Thanks very much for your feedback. It is very appreciated!

bryan

It's nice when something works

Amen to that!

Top Tags