cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem "A Name has required here"

ptc-6070010
1-Newbie

Help me please..

I can`t find there's a error((

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

without daring to understand your MC sheet - it is too large - I suspect the following:

this error is usually given when a variable; i.e. a single variable, but not an element of a matrix is required. For some reason Mathcad sometimes does not like to see an array element in a function, so try to write

a:=X,

and hand over a to the function.

Raiko

FIrst get rid of those silly "0" and "1" variable names, Obviously you made some mistake using the Ctrl--ShiftK trick or haven't used it at all and simply typed a string. Use "normal" variable names to come to the next level of the game which is the undefined variable S.z. I don't see much sense in doing so but given that you have done it for the other variables as well I guess you will want to define S.z:=S before the routine. Next failure is the wrong "absolute" value operator in both sums. Right click and change from "Square Matrix determinant" to "Absolute Value". The last one is dependent on the wave file itself but the vector M.zvec may contain values which Mathcad's vec2str() cannot convert to valid characters and so the last line in the routine may fail - not sure, though, you will have to try with different wave files. BTW, invalid ASCII codes for vec2str() are all values below 32 with the exception of 13. Why should the output of this routine be string anyway?

Top Tags