cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Problem to save Word object in Mathcad 15

richardm55
7-Bedrock

Problem to save Word object in Mathcad 15

I am looking for solution how to fix this issue. I use Mathcad 15 to produce the documents in it. As front page in this document there is embedded Word document. Recently I lose this front page very often. In this situation when I open Mathcad document I always get an error message. I have noticed the first page is saved but it can not be open for some reason (I recognize it for Mathcad file size).

I had this issue for long time but some time ago I found the solution for it. After opening Word in Mathcad I went to File menu and I did inspection of document and after finding some unneeded marks or other object and after removing them I could always open Mathcad document without loosing the first page.

But situation has recently worsen after Microsoft has updated their Office applications and I now the most time I lose the first page I can not do anything with it.

Has anyone heard about this issue and maybe someone knows the solution for it?

I will appreciate for any help.

8 REPLIES 8

And what does your Word document contain? Just text?

As front page have text and two images; logo and bottom graphic.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:richardm55)

Seems simple...

What about you add those elements directly in the Mathcad sheet, instead of via a MSword object...

Success!

Luc

Thanks for it but I know about that. Your advice does not answer my question what I am looking for.

Then you can paste the text using the text area in Mathcad, as well as paste the images into the worksheet.

Thanks for that but it is not answer my question. I want to find out why I lose my front page sometimes.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:richardm55)

Can you attach an example?

Luc

Unfortunately, I can not because it is the company file.

Top Tags