cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Problem with explicit function including excel file - Mathcad Prime 3.0

mdominiak
1-Newbie

Problem with explicit function including excel file - Mathcad Prime 3.0

Hello to everyone,

I came here with a problem, namely when I use "explicit" function in "easy" way(just after input some data) everything works well. But if I introduce some data from excel file using output place the program has problem and doesn't want to show any units after using explicit function.

How to deal with it and get a value with unit? I enclose Mathad file (problem on page 2/2).

4 REPLIES 4

Thats strange, indeed.

Looks like you have found a bug in Prime. Units added in the Excel component are not recognized by the symbolics while.

A workaround is to add the units below and after the Excel component (maybe in a collapsed region).

4.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Very strange indeed. The symbolic processor is identifying the unit and then stripping it by dividing by the base SI unit. Most certainly a big and need reporting.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Very strange indeed. The symbolic processor is identifying the unit and then stripping it by dividing by the base SI unit. Most certainly a big and need reporting.

Guess the problem is the Excel component, not the symbolic proc.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Guess the problem is the Excel component, not the symbolic proc.

Maybe, but the numerical proc evaluates correctly, so it must lie with the interface between the component and symbolic proc.

Top Tags