cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Problem with graph continuity

mkaleciński
1-Newbie

Problem with graph continuity

I attached file with solution for beam on elastic foundation using Bleich method. I am struggling with the graph of shear forces. When i use dimensionless variable xi for graph plotting everything is just fine but once i convert the dimensionless variable to one in meters ( dividing dimensionless variable by certain coefficient alfa, relation defined at the beginnig of the worksheet) i am getting discontinuity of the graph and have no idea why. Also trying to find place using find function where Q(xi) equals zero( should be between two peaks) i result in failure. If anyone could provide any helpful advice/answer i would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your graph had an undefined independent variable, so Mathcad put in -10 to 10 (default for plotting.)

Also (in version 15) you need to divide by the units on the plots. (Change meters to inches or feet and watch the axis values change.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Your graph had an undefined independent variable, so Mathcad put in -10 to 10 (default for plotting.)

Also (in version 15) you need to divide by the units on the plots. (Change meters to inches or feet and watch the axis values change.

Thanks! Really helped me!

Top Tags