cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem with labels for variables

rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite

Problem with labels for variables

I'm having a problem with Prime's assignment of labels, and I'm looking for a simple way to not fall into this hole again. Attached are Prime 6 worksheet and figure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The auto-labelling feature of Prime can be quite a PITA and the way its implemented until now I don't see it as an improvement.

But how about turning X into a function of t? Seems like Prime does not show the problem you suffer from when you do it and its also the correct way to set it up from a mathematical point of view.

On the other hand I understand that if your expressions depend on a lot of variables, making all expressions functions can be quite confusing and laborious.

Werner_E_0-1584551033131.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The auto-labelling feature of Prime can be quite a PITA and the way its implemented until now I don't see it as an improvement.

But how about turning X into a function of t? Seems like Prime does not show the problem you suffer from when you do it and its also the correct way to set it up from a mathematical point of view.

On the other hand I understand that if your expressions depend on a lot of variables, making all expressions functions can be quite confusing and laborious.

Werner_E_0-1584551033131.png

rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks, Werner-

You are also correct about the mathematical formalism.

Making each matrix that contains potentially volatile parameters into a function is a pain, but is also the proper thing to do.

Best regards,

Roger

Top Tags