cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem with solving a set of equations

MSB
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Problem with solving a set of equations

Hello everybody. I have been trying to solve a simple RLC circuit for some voltages (V1 and V2) using Mathcad Prime 2.0, with no luck. I have tried using optiuons such as:

-Solve block

-Symbolic evaluation

-Find function.

The worksheet is attached. Any help/comment is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You must insert a Solve Block - see attached.

Alan.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You must insert a Solve Block - see attached.

Alan.

Thanks, Alan. In fact, I have used the same approach, but got an error message with find function. It appears to be functioning now

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MSB)

A solve block works fine when I try it. Here's an image, since I have Prime 3.0, which can't save a Prime 2.0 file (lame, but true).

solve+block.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:MSB)

Mehmet Basar wrote:

Hello everybody. I have been trying to solve a simple RLC circuit for some voltages (V1 and V2) using Mathcad Prime 2.0, with no luck. I have tried using optiuons such as:

-Solve block

-Symbolic evaluation

-Find function.

Your sheet does not show any of those attempts, so it can't be said what you did wrong.

Using a solve block would require you to use the find function, so this are not different methods. It was already shown twice how to do.

Using symbolic solve (! not evaluation) will work, too, but is not the preferred method, I guess. You would have to put the two equations in a 2 x 1 matrix and then use the symbolic "solve, V1, V2".

You may even use the symbolics to get a more general symbolic solution in R1..R4, Vs,ZL1 etc.

While you are at it, why not adding proper units? Prime can deal with units so it would be a good idea to use units in your calculation.

EDIT: Added the sheet.

Top Tags