cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problems linking mathcad and excel spreadsheets

ptc-5169127
1-Newbie

Problems linking mathcad and excel spreadsheets

Hello! I have a problem which I have been working on for several days. I have a large excel spreadsheet, roughly 300 rows by 75 columns, and I need to access the spreadsheet in Mathcad. I need to have the user enter a value, which is on the first column, and have it return the rest of the values in that row. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

There are different methods to acess data from Excel spreadsheets.

From Mathcad 15 help:

"Although you can import and export Excel format data files using the READFILE function, Data Wizard, or File Input, File Output and Data Table components, using the Excel component allows you to exchange data and use Excel's functionality. You can send values in your worksheet to Excel, use Excel to manipulate them, and then send new values back to your Mathcad worksheet."

The lookup you are after would return 74 values. In which way would you like these to be represented (row vector, column vector,..)?

How to deal with the situation of duplicate values in the first column (error message, return only first, return all - in which way?)?

What should happen, if the value given is not present in the first column (error message, NaN return, 0 return, linear interpolation,...)?

What did you try so far and where did you encounter problems?

Please post your worksheet to let us see what you are after and where it failed, to be able to help.

Top Tags