cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problems with Solver 'find' in Mathcad Prime

ptc-4964593
1-Newbie

Problems with Solver 'find' in Mathcad Prime

Hi everyone

Mathcad Prime is new to me, so there might be a simple solution to this problem.

I'm trying to use the find-function, but it give me an error I don't understand; 'This variable is undefined. Check that the label is set correctly'

I've even tried with an example used in the help-function. I've attached a screen- dump of my problem.

I get this message no matter which function i need to solve, what am I doing wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I can tell, you haven't defined a "solve block". Click on the "solve block" button on the Math ribbon, this should create a solve block into which you should re-enter your expressions. I've only got Prime Express, which doesn't have solve blocks so I can't give you an example.

Look up "Solve Block" in Help.

Stuart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Could you please post your worksheet (or a worksheet showing the problem). Some problems are not readily discernible from a picture, particularly if they involve implicit multiplication, labelling or indices/subscripts.

Stuart

This is the sheet from where my screen dump came.

As far as I can tell, you haven't defined a "solve block". Click on the "solve block" button on the Math ribbon, this should create a solve block into which you should re-enter your expressions. I've only got Prime Express, which doesn't have solve blocks so I can't give you an example.

Look up "Solve Block" in Help.

Stuart

Great - thank you!

A bit different from MathCad 12/13/14, but I like it!

Jonas

Top Tags